Municipal and environmental infrastructure
EBRD Shareholder Special Fund
Request for proposals
21 Nov 2018
08 Jan 2019 at 15:00 Local time
Single Stage Open Competitive Selection – Request for Proposals
Executing Agency (Client):
Communal State Unitary Enterprise “Bokhtarnaklietkhizmatrason”
67 Abdulloev Street, Bokhtar, Republic of Tajikistan
The Client Contact Person:
Mr Shukhrat Roziqov
Head of the Project Implementation Unit
Address: 67 Abdulloev Street, Bokhtar, Republic of Tajikistan
Phone: +992 882202030
The EBRD Contact Person
One Exchange Square
London EC2A 2JN
The Communal State Unitary Enterprise “Bokhtarnaklietkhizmatrason (the Client) has requested the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the EBRD or the Bank) to provide funding to finance the procurement of buses, the construction of a depot with necessary equipment and establishment of the ticketing system to create an essential infrastructure for public transport service provision (Project).
The Company now intends to engage an experienced company (the Consultant) to assist the Company to establish its operations and develop and implement the Financial and Operational Performance Improvement Programme, introduction of project service agreement (PSA) between the Company and the City and the development of a Corporate Business Plan and Management Information System and City Transport Strategy.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
• Develop and assist with implementation of Company’s organisational structure and all necessary processes;
• Prepare a long-term Business Plan containing measures to increase efficiency, revenues and cost coverage and meet consumers demands and priorities;
• Prepare a Financial and Operational Performance Improvement Programme (“FOPIP”);
• Support the implementation of a PSC;
• Assist with set up of service planning, scheduling, operation and monitoring processes and procedures;
• Develop fleet maintenance and repair programmes;
• Carry out financial audit and establish a robust accounting system in the company;
• Prepare and undertake a comprehensive training and capacity building programme for City and Company entities, and including selected private sector operators;
• Support the City to monitor effectively the quality of operators services under the Public Service Contract regime;
• Optimize project routes structure; update and revise routes proposed at the Feasibility stage;
• Support restructuring of existing minibus/taxi routes and licences;
• Support set up and implementation of the new ticketing system.
Consultant Selection Procedure: Single stage open competitive selection
Interested firms of groups of firms are invited to submit a Technical and Financial Proposal.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in Q1 2019 and has an estimated overall duration of 36 months.
Cost Estimate for the Assignment: USD 730,000 (exclusive of VAT).
Funding Source: It is anticipated that the contract will be financed by the EBRD’s Shareholder Special Fund (SSF). Selection and contracting is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions based on the consultant’s country of origin.
Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be selected, the consultant shall submit a Response in accordance with the Consultancy Procurement Document (CPD): link to CPD
The selection will normally be made from the Proposals received in response to this notification only, on the basis of the selection criteria set out in the CPD. The highest-ranked Consultant will be selected and be invited to negotiate the contract, subject to availability of funding.
Any updates of and clarifications on this procurement notice and/or the CPD shall be announced as updates on this notice, without any other notification. In the event of changes to the CPD, consultants will need to download the updated version of the CPD. Consultants are required to periodically check the notice for updates. Failure to take the updates into account while preparing the Proposal may result in disqualification or penalties to the scores in the evaluation